Friday, December 12, 2008

long awaited update





































I told the kids if they built a tippy-tap at home, I would come visit their home. Viola was the first girl to do so. She lived deep in the village, about 5 km from my house. We walked there after school and had an enjoyable walk, talking about the differences between Uganda and America. This is Viola with her brothers, sisters and neighbors when I came to visit. They rode my bike there and back and had to show me all their tricks(including handstands)






























































These are some kids I happened upon when I was riding home one day. They were eating jackfruit and asked if I wanted any. Jackfruit is the weirdest fruit I have ever seen, but delicous. They are massive and the kids climb in the trees and cut them down. They are a bit hard to come by as the kids steal them so they arent really sold, especially in the village. These kids were really generous though and we had fun eating the jackfruit and taking pictures. Riding the rest of the way home, I thought.... this is why I love Uganda.





























































Here I am with the girls that I was working with at the secondary school (high school). They are a sweet group of girls and we are teaching them life skills (communication, decision-making, relationship skills and setting goals) as well as crafts to help them to travel. Some have never left this area and they want to go to the zoo near Kampala!




No comments: